This is our third small change roundup, where we feature changes not covered in individual update posts. Our main focus recently has been large game updates, replays, and new games, but there are still a bunch of new fixes, changes and features!
Updates since January 8th, 2021
Framework (all games)
- Game unlocks are now always correctly ordered by level
- Added a reset button to the top of cosmetic categories
- Prevented players from joining if they don't have the right resource pack(s) enabled
- Added a toggle AFK kicking setting for custom servers
- Players can no longer build near shops
- Players can no longer stand inside shop NPC's
- Ender Pearls will no longer kill players on teleport, instead, will leave players on at least half a heart (SkyWars-parity)
- Respawning players can no longer break blocks
- Fixed Custom Server summoners having the wrong default setting
- Fixed upgrade button message for certain non-English languages
- Boom boxes are now properly removed at the end of a game
These changes were previously mentioned in various update posts. There are no new changes since those posts.
- Added Sword of Embers, replacing Fire Sword
- Added Crumbling Cobblestone
- Knockback Nemo now applies vertical knockback, rather than just horizontal
- Trap glass is no longer consistently red when using the 0 trap cooldown option in Custom Servers
- The Strafe Cooldown option now uses seconds, rather than game ticks, so it's more clear to players
Server / Proxy
- Improved locker search - colors are now ignored, making it easier to find multi-colored hub titles
- Added /rules to view (a summary of) the rules
- Aligned all Hive Team (paid staff & employees) ranks to show HIVE rather than specific tags.
- We figured out what H stands for, and as such, helpers now have the HELPER tag
- Added Micro Surveys to poll players
- Multiple Custom Server invites from the same user now appear as one
- Improved punishment messaging
- Eating food once again shows the right particles across all supported versions of Minecraft
- Various changes to prevent 'Steve Glitch'