Custom Servers Overhaul & Update
Custom Servers are loved by many of our dedicated players, but have historically been a bit tricky to use and configure. With this full overhaul and update we're making them better and easier!
To get started with Custom Servers, run the following command in-game: /cs
Full overhaul of all menus to make settings easier to find and quicker to change:
- One top-level modal now serves as the starting point for all customization as well as access- and other features
- Related settings are now shown in one modal instead of multiple, making it easier to configure 'deeper' settings
- Improved wording and general look and feel to make modals and settings more clear
- Presets (featured, custom and recent) are now functional
- Custom presets can be shared with other players using a preset code
- Recent presets allow you to go back to a recent game's settings
- Featured Presets per game for 'recommended' playlists, including community favorites
Improvements and fixes:
- Fixed Code Only Mode + the code now shows on screen permanently during lobby
- Fixed various issues relating to Set Roles
- Added Set World Time
- Improved permission system
- Games now only start when the owner, or a player with the right permission, manually starts the game. The start-game countdown is fully removed in Custom Servers.
- Added settings to enable/disable the purchasing of certain items from the item shop
- Fixed an issue where summoners would drop empty items when the summoner amount setting was set to 0, also changed the summoner name to show it does not drop items
- Non-CS: Fixed an issue where spectators wouldn't get a UI in Treasure Wars Mega
- Added the ability to change the health on kill setting to the amount of the max health setting
- Fixed a bug where turning off chest filling would stop you from being able to open them at all
- Added the ability to set roles and players as spectators
- Added a setting to control supply crate spawn rate
- Added a setting to enable/disable supply crates
- Non-CS: Fixed an issue where the fire boomboxes would ignite the thrower but not damage them
- Non-CS: Stopped standard boomboxes from giving knockback to the player that threw it
- Non-CS: Fixed a bug where a player could spam dozens of Boomboxes
- Added the ability to create your own theme in the theme settings
- Added the ability for players to be spectators
And one more thing...
We know that getting to the Custom Server menu is command-only at the moment, preventing our more casual players from discovering this feature. Stay tuned for improvements to our Hub that resolve this as well as future user experience improvements!