This is the first set of changes to the new Survival Games update, currently in preview. We're constantly reading player feedback and more changes will come if required.
- Increased rarity of Boomboxes
- Increased rarity of Activity Trackers
- Increased rarity of Flares
- Reduced the stack size of Arrows
Developer note: We understand that bow/arrow mechanics can feel overpowered. We hope we can have a deeper dive into the damage bows do in the future.
Additionally, loot balance is a very tough thing to get just right. We're constantly reviewing game statistics and community feedback. We will make further changes until it feels exactly right.
- Per-player teleporter cooldown now increased to 15 seconds to deter from teleporter hopping
- Updated hologram to show remaining cooldown time
- Spectators have a shorter cooldown
- Only one Supply Crate from a flare can now be called in at a time. If a Supply Crate is currently landing, you will be told that the airspace is full.
This is an experimental change and will be changing regularly based on player feedback.
- Increased hunger depletion rate while sprinting by 3.5x
Developer note: We've seen a lot of discussion from the community about hunger mechanics. We agree that hunger is currently a pointless mechanic, and we are starting to change that with this update. Our hopes are these changes will stop infinite running, and provide more of a use for food.
- When a player dies to the void, the gravestone will now spawn at the feet of the killer.
Developer note: We've seen an increase of players deliberately running in to the void to stop their killer getting loot. We understand this can be frustrating in such a loot-heavy game. We hope this update will fix this.
- Removed the ability to destroy a chest with a single punch
- Added the ability to mine a chest (with an axe, for example)
- Decreased the amount of fire placed by the Fire Boombox. This should help with stutters that players on mobile devices are experiencing.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the health of your killer to be sent after the health on kill was applied
- Fixed a bug where the killer health message would be sent even if you killed yourself (fall damage, fire, void)
- Fixed a bug where sometimes TNT could be placed in the world
- Fixed a bug where the winning screen did not play a sound
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to damage players while the world was being prepared
- Fixed a bug that allowed Gravestones to be on fire
- Fixed a typo with the Blindness Boombox