Block Drop Balance Update
A Block Drop update is now rolling out to all regions, focusing on speeding up the game, reducing camping, and balancing XP.
- Added a new anti-camping system. Standing on the same block will cause the block to break faster.
- Increased the rate that the top layer is removed.
- All but the final layer will now be removed automatically.
Developer note: We understand these changes change the current meta. However, the main feedback we have been receiving is how slow-paced the games can be. Block Drop is meant to be a fast-paced parkour game, so we're hoping this change will make the game more fun.
- Added new XP reward for every 150 blocks broken/stepped on.
- Increased XP given when another player dies (survival bonus) from 3 to 5.
- Increased XP from collecting a powerup from 2 to 10.
Developer note: Gaining XP has been much slower than anticipated. We hope this will balance the game and make it easier to progress through levels.
- Added a message telling the victim who hit them with a knockback nemo, so they can plan revenge.
- Added toggle to enable/disable anti-camping functionality.
As always, we're watching your feedback and may balance the game further.