Bugs, translation issues and small features: December 21st, 2022
Below is a non-exhaustive list of these types of changes that have been released in the last ~2-3 weeks. This list does not cover new features that received their own post, such as Winterfest 2022.
Highlighted feature: /language command
You can now change your Hive language setting using the new /language command. Your default language is still determined by the Minecraft in-game language setting, but you can override it by using this command. Your selection is saved, so you don't have to reapply it each time. Most games and hubs support live updating of your language: you won't have to change servers for it to apply.
Additionally to running the command and using the menu, the command also supports language "short names" such as de for German and ja for Japanese for even quicker switching.
- Added Mailbot messages informing players of their reward availability when they start and stop boosting the Discord server.
- Player names in friend request menus are now color coded according to rank.
- Added holograms to Gift Sorting WinterFest microgame to improve accessibility
- Made mounts immune to fire
- Re-added WinterFest snowball hit effects from last year
- Fixed an issue where Quest Store models would turn into Steve models after interacting with the quest master
- The /quest command now functions the same in hubs and arcade hubs.
- Prevented players from cheating on Arcade parkour courses by riding other players' mounts
- Fixed hub games breaking when joining them while riding a mount or an elevator
- Fixed a cause of "nethering" when the graveyard teleport overlapped with a back-to-hub action