Historically, we've used this page to report on game updates, events, important issues, version support, and maintenance announcements. However, small changes, features and bug fixes have often slipped through the cracks, only to be noticed by very dedicated players or those hawking the bug threads on our forums.
As we see the value in sharing these updates with the community, we're starting this 'small change roundup': a at-most-weekly collection of updates we normally wouldn't have reported on! We might skip a week when there's little to report on, or when the company is closed during a festive period (Christmas, New Year).
As this is our first edition, let's go over some base principles:
- We'll generally not cover changes and updates that are covered by bigger announcements. For example, these wouldn't contain references to the Winter Update.
- Changes related to security, exploits, and anti cheat, except fixes for false positives, will not be covered.
- Non-server and non-code changes (think forums, Discord, policy) will not be covered
- "Framework" refers to the 'base' that all our games run on. Framework updates apply to all games.
- "Server" refers to our individual game server software. Server updates apply to all games and hubs.
- "Proxy" refers to the proxy layer between our individual servers and your client. You'll see updates to friends, parties, and other social systems here.
Updates since December 1st, 2020
- Stopped custom servers from showing "finding a new game" at the end of a game, and replaced it with "sending you to a hub" instead.
- Stopped "we'll find you a new game shortly..." from appearing in the end game stats panel if it's a custom server
- Fixed an issue with VIP ranks losing the permission to change the max players past 30 if they were nicknamed
- Disabled any and all sign editing
- Fixed an issue where Boom Boxes would explode the map if they exploded during endgame
- Fixed an issue where Leap Effects would not spawn when the game started, only when they were equipped
- Fixed various particles
Changed the Treasure Wars Mega UI to include more pieces of information:
- Minion Treasures are represented by mini circles
- Each mini icon is removed when a minion is destroyed, and removed from the bar based on the direction you're facing from spawn
- Once all minions are destroyed, only the large circle icon will remain alongside the health % of the boss treasure
- Once destroyed, the circular icon is replaced with a cross out version alongside the remaining players of the team
- When a player is dead and their treasure is destroyed players could see the team upgraded summoner message, this is now resolved.
- Fixed various particles
Hide and Seek
- Fixed Blue Gas Cloud Taunt particle
- Fixed Sparkle Zapper Trail Cosmetics particles
Server / Proxy
- Resolved various issues relating to modal input being rejected, for example, large numbers.
- Fixed an issue where axes would lose lots of durability when stripping wood/logs
- Chains now have the correct bounding box
- End portal frames now have the correct bounding box
- Coral blocks can now be placed on any block
- Coral now requires a block below it
- Coral blocks, Coral and Coral fans correctly place the right color
- Coral fans & Coral hanging now drop / middle click the correct block
- Coral block / Coral now drop / middle click the correct block
- Fixed bug where water buckets would use the wrong position for placement events
- Buckets now correctly work
- Fixed fireworks charge being mis-identified causing fire charges to break
- Fixed an issue where capes would not be updated due to the client caching the skin id
- Allowed ray tracing packs on 1.16.200+