Capture The Flag: Balance Patch
A balance patch to Capture The Flag is deploying across all regions. This patch has substantial changes to the game, aiming to improve some core gameplay mechanics and balance.
Developer note: We understand this patch includes a lot of changes and may need tweaking. Leave feedback on this post and we'll be sure to fix any issues that may arise. Additionally, we are still working on a new flag-contesting system, and aim to release that in a future mini-patch - we didn't want to hold these improvements whilst we create new assets.
New Map: Ashram
- Added a brand new map: Ashram.
Spawn Killing Improvements
- Being spawn killed will grant a 50% damage boost for each spawn kill, up to 200% extra damage. This boost is removed upon leaving the spawn room, or when your team holds the enemy flag.
- Gold is no longer rewarded for killing players that have not left spawn.
Developer note: We know spawn killing has become an annoying part of Capture The Flag. We're hoping these changes will help, as spawn killers will be much easier to counter.
New Team Upgrade: Flag Curse
- The Flag Curse upgrade may be purchased after your flag has been away from home for 90 seconds.
- A cursed flag will reduce the flag carrier's health to 3 hearts.
- The curse is removed when the flag is returned home and must be purchased again when next taken.
- Fixed a calculation in distance falloff that inaccurately calculated applicable damage.
- TNT is now team colored.
Developer note: The distance bug meant players were taking too much damage when they weren't in the epicenter of the explosion. As a result, the TNT may feel underpowered. Let us know your thoughts and we'll tweak accordingly.
- When a team member leaves, their gold is now equally spread across the remaining team members.
- Item/upgrade stations now prevent you from opening them with a sword during combat.
- Speed berries can no longer be planted.
- Various internal bug fixes.
This concludes the changelog for the first patch. More will follow in the future. Thank you for your continued feedback.