Treasure Wars Gameplay Update
It's time for a BIG Treasure Wars update! As some of you may have seen, we've been running a preview of the update for the past week. Thank you to anyone who gave feedback as it helped shape this update.
So, what's in this newest update?
4 New Maps
- Oceanic for Solos
- Gates for Duos
- Summer Coast for Trios and Squads
- Resort for Mega
We've long heard feedback that you wanted more ways to play Treasure Wars, with one of the highest-rated suggestions being TNT. Today we're adding Boomboxes to the game.
- Added "Knockback Boombox" at 4 diamonds each
- Added "Block Breaker Boombox" at 5 emeralds each
- Added "Blast-proof Glass" at 2 emeralds for 16 pieces
Diamond armor was widely considered too powerful, whist iron armor was considered too expensive and offered only a small amount of defense more than chainmail. We've tried to bridge the gap between the armors to make the game feel more balanced.
- Reduced "Iron Armor Set" from 32 to 12 diamonds
- Added protection 1 to the iron chestplate, making the set an exact middle ground between chainmail and diamond
- Increased "Diamond Armor Set" from 20 to 28 emeralds
- Close range arrow shots now deal less damage, to discourage bow spam
- Increased bow from 2 to 5 diamonds each
Other Balance Changes
- Doubled the stock of golden apples per game
- Changed golden apples to 5 diamonds each
- Implemented new victory screen
- Armor items now only equip on purchase if they are of equal or greater defense value
- Final kills now grant double XP
- Added support for avatars on endgame podiums
- Fixed an issue that could cause too much currency being taken when purchasing items
- Fixed an issue that resulted in bridge builders having broken necks
- Fixed logic order that would result in the game over message showing before the final kill had full processed
- Corrected a typo when purchasing items from the store
As always, if you have any feedback please let us know on our Discord or our forums. Thank you to everyone who gave feedback on the preview! We're excited to hear what you think of this newest update.